New Writing South & Marlborough Productions present: The Coast is Queer
The Coast is Queer, Brighton & Hove’s festival of LGBTQ+ literature, returns for an in-person festival 7-9 October 2022. Now in its third year, The Coast is Queer brings together writers, performers, academics, activists and of course readers, for three days of lively in-conversation events, workshops, films and discussions celebrating queer lives and writing.
Speakers for 2022 include:
- Travis Alabanza (None of the Above)
- Julia Armfield (‘Salt Slow’, ‘Our Wives Under the Sea’)
- Michael Cashman (Co-Founder of Stonewall and author of ‘Memoir One of Them’)
- Juno Dawson (‘This Book is Gay’, ‘Clean’)
- Bad Gays: Huw Lemmey and Ben Miller, authors of ‘Bad Gays: A Homosexual History’
- Leone Ross (‘This One Sky Day’)
- Sarah Winman (‘Still Life’)
More to be announced soon…
Following an online edition of the festival in 2021, we are thrilled that the UK's most exciting LGBTQ+ literature festival has a new home with us at the Attenborough Centre for the Creative Arts.
In previous years thousands of people have attended The Coast is Queer including more than 80 writers such as Alan Hollinghurst, Dean Atta, Val McDermid, Douglas Stuart, Juno Dawson and Valerie Mason-John. The festival has also highlighted inspiring new voices, such as Kate Davies, CN Lester, Sharan Dhaliwal.
It will be possible to buy and browse at the festival’s bookshelf, both in-person and online, curated by Brighton and Hove’s independent bookshop: Feminist Bookshop.
Dates & Times
Friday 07 October, 20225:00pm
Saturday 08 October, 202210:00am
Sunday 09 October, 202210:00am